Have you ever tried Baba Ganoush? It’s a simple and divine roasted eggplant dip, originated in Levantine cuisine. The recipe is absolutely easy to make and it tastes simply amazing! And, although we’re huge hummus lovers at home, I must admit that Baba Ganoush just stole our hearts!
All you need for this soft and creamy vegan eggplant dip is roasted whole eggplants, tahini (sesame paste), freshly squeezed lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, some garlic and looots of fresh parsley. The combination of these ingredients is absolutely fantastic! Seasoned with Ras-El-Hanout, Himalayan salt and a pinch of Cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy), this goodness goes perfect with sourdough bread, pita bread or fresh veggies. And it’s one of the best plant-based meals ever!
Let’s check out the recipe for this light and super yummy Levantine eggplant dip!
Ingredients for Baba Ganoush (Vegan Eggplant Dip) Recipe:
1-2 cloves of garlic
3 – 4 tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 tsp. Ras-El-Hanout
1 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper (optional)
Instructions for Baba Ganoush (Vegan Eggplant Dip) Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 180 ° C. Roast the eggplants for about 30 minutes, until tender.
2. Let the eggplants cool for a while, then peel and discard the blackened skin. Drain the flesh in a colander and squeeze out all the moisture.
3. Place the eggplant flesh in a food processor. Add tahini, garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and proceed until you get a nice creamy paste.
5. Add the fresh parsley and season with Ras-El-Hanout, Himalayan salt and Cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy). Proceed for another 30 seconds.
7. Place Baba Ganoush in a bowl or serving plate.
8. Serve this lovely eggplant vegan dip with sourdough bread, pita bread and looots of fresh veggies.
Hope to LOVE it, dear friends!
Photo credit: Tofobo Family