This crazy delicious Bulgur with sun dried tomatoes, olives and fresh greens is one of our beloved quick vegan meals at home. A lovely idea when you’re running out of time and have to prepare something quick, tasty and nutritious for your family. You need only a few ingredients and 20 minutes to prepare it : ) Yaaay!
Let’s see what we need for this super easy vegan recipe!
Ingredients for Bulgur with sun dried tomatoes, olives and greens:
400 g bulgur
2 onions, chopped
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. red pepper
1 tsp. Ras El Hanout
Himalayan salt to taste
For the topping:
sun dried tomatoes, chopped
Kalamata olives, chopped
fresh valerian leaves and arugula
Instructions for Bulgur with sun dried tomatoes, olives and greens
1. In a medium saucepan gently heat the coconut oil over medium-high. Add turmeric, red pepper and Ras El Hanout and cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. The spices will become more fragrant.
2. Add the chopped onion and sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour water according to the package directions. When the water starts boiling, turn off the heat.
4. Add the bulgur, season with Himalayan salt, cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
5. Place the cooked bulgur in plates and garnish with sun dried tomatoes, olives and fresh valerian leaves and arugula (or make a lovely topping according to your taste : )
6. Serve and enjoy this quick and easy vegan deliciousness with family and friends : )
Have a beautiful day, dear friends!
Photo credit: Tofobo Family