The season of insanely yummy homemade vegan ice cream officially started! Hooraay : ) Our little monkeys are over the moon with happiness : ) We were so lucky to have plenty of ice cream treats on the balcony while enjoying the beautiful spring weather. We already tried amazing different flavors, but today I’m happy to present you one of the total hits with the family. Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream! Oh, YES!
This heaven is healthy, diary-free and absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G alternative to traditional ice cream! Furthermore, it’s incredibly easy to make and a wonderful way to make your kiddos totally happy : ) I topped this one with yummy fresh strawberries, coconut flakes and raw hazelnuts… And oh, it tasted sooo incredibly good!
Let’s see what we need for this addictively delicious Chocolate Banana Ice Cream!
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream:
3-4 large ripe bananas
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
4-5 dates, pitted
2 tbsp. tahini
1/4 cup non-diary milk (rice, soy, hemp or nut milk)
Instructions for Vegan Chocolate Banana Ice Cream:
1. Peel ripe bananas and slice them into chunks. Place them in a freezer bag and freeze for at least 1-2 hours.
2. Put the frozen sliced bananas into a food processor or a high-powered blender. Add the dates, cocoa powder, tahini and 1/4 cup of your favorite non-dairy milk.
4. Blend all ingredients together until the mixture looks like irresistible soft-serve ice cream.
5. You can enjoy this soft and creamy deliciousness immediately. If you prefer a more firm texture, then transfer it back to the freezer for at least 1 hour.
7. And don’t forget the topping! It’s really important : )
This Chocolate Banana Ice Cream is one of the healthiest and most incredibly delicious spring & summer homemade treats. Oh, and these amazing Watermelon Coconut Popsicles are such a lovely summer inspiration too! Make your loved ones happy : )
Happy weekend, dear friends!
Photo credit: Tofobo Family