Hey, dear friends and happy new week! I hope you had a wonderful weekend : ) Today, I share with you this quick and super easy vegan snack recipe for Mushroom sourdough bruschetta. I make it with zucchini, leeks and hemp seeds and it tastes awesomely good!
To be honest our two monkeys are not huge fans of mushrooms. Therefore, I usually make this delicious snack to indulge ourselves with Toni : ) In fact, these yummy sourdough bruschettas are just perfect when you’re in a hurry and you don’t have much time to prepare anything else for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for Mushroom sourdough bruschetta with zucchini, leeks and hemp seeds:
4 slices sourdough bread
1/ 4 leek, sliced into rings
200 g mushrooms, chopped
1/2 zucchini, cut into strips
2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
1/2 tsp. turmeric
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Mushroom sourdough bruschetta with zucchini, leeks and hemp seeds:
1. In a large saucepan heat 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Sauté the leeks, mushrooms and zucchini for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Don’t overcook them so that they remain crunchy.
4. Set aside the mushroom mixture and toast the sourdough bread in the same saucepan.
5. Top each slice of sourdough bread with this super yummy mushroom mixture.
6. Serve on a plate and garnish with hemp seeds.
I hope you loved this quick and easy-to-prepare recipe for Mushroom sourdough bruschetta! Such a simple, but incredibly delicious vegan dish to enjoy with family and friends : )
Wishing you a fabulous new week, dear friends!
Photo credit: Tofobo Family ©