Hey, guys! I hope you had a beautiful start of the new week! Let me inspire you with one of our favorite quick and incredibly tasty meals at home. Vegan pasta salad with tofu, olives and some lovely seasonal raw veggies (usually what we have in the fridge : ) It’s just perfect for lunch and dinner, especially when you have impatient hungry kiddos in the kitchen : )
We (especially our two monkeys) are huge fans of this organic tricolor pasta. It’s absolutely delicious! I mixed it with homemade tofu, olives and some raw broccoli, cauliflowers, avocado and leeks. The perfect fresh and super delish autumn combo : )
As I already mentioned before, I’m a huge summer lover! Therefore, I’m desperately missing the abundance of super tasty fresh summer veggies. However, I have to admit that autumn delights us with her wonderful gifts… Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, beetroot, celery, spinach, mangold… all these autumn beauties have so many health benefits and are always welcome at our table. And we usually prefer eating them raw and fresh : )
Ingredients for Quick vegan pasta salad with tofu, olives and raw veggies:
Serves 4 / 15 min. preparation
1 package of pasta (I used our kids’ favorite organic tricolor spirals)
1 block firm tofu, diced
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (these are our favorite olives at home)
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup sliced leeks
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. dried basil
salt to taste
Instructions for Quick vegan pasta salad with tofu, olives and raw veggies
1. In a large pot bring water to boil . Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, cut tofu lengthwise into halves, then cut each half into thin equal slices. Season the tofu with 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. dried basil and salt to taste.
3. Pit and roughly chop the Kalamata olives.
3. Slice the avocado and leeks and prepare the broccoli and cauliflower florets for the salad.
4. In a large bowl combine the pasta with tofu and olives. Season with 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste.
5. Arrange the pasta on the plate and garnish with these yummy autumn veggies. Drizzle the avocado, broccoli and cauliflower with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
6. Serve and enjoy : )
We usually make this lovely vegan pasta salad by mixing all ingredients together. This time I decided to beautifully arrange all veggies in the plate. In fact, both options are so lovely and incredibly delicious! Hope you will LOVE them too 🙂
Wishing you a gorgeous week!
Photo credit: Tofobo Family ©