Hey, loves and happy August! Summer is in full swing and we are completely obsessed with all kind of awesomely delicious plant-based dips. And this 5-minute easy peasy Raw Vegan Cashew Basil Dip is one of our favorites for sure!
Raw Vegan Cashew Basil Dip: 5-minute easy & simple recipe
We make this nutritious dip with raw soaked cashews, garlic and fresh basil leaves, picked from my Grandma’s lovely vegetable garden. With some extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a pinch of salt, it tastes simply amazing! Also, it goes just perfect with fresh veggie snacks, salads, raw zucchini noodles, sourdough bread and all kind of yummy pasta, sandwiches & burgers!
So flavorful and easy to make! You have to try it : )
Ingredients for 5-minute Raw Vegan Cashew Basil Dip:
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 6-8 hours and drained)
2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
1-2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
a pinch of Himalayan pink salt
dry basil for the topping (optional)
raw pumpkin & sun flowered seeds for the topping (optional)
Instructions for 5-minute Vegan Cashew Basil Dip:
1. Place cashews, basil leaves and garlic cloves in a blender.
2. Add 2 tbsp. extra virgin oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt.
3. Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add 1-2 tbsp. filtered water to thin the mixture.
4. Serve in a small dip bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive and top with dry basil, raw pumpkin and sun flowered seeds or fresh basil leaves.
5. Enjoy this refreshingly delicious Raw Vegan Cashew Basil Dip along with your favorite salad, pasta or yummy sandwiches and burgers!
Have a beautiful month of August, dear friends : ) Enjoy the Summer to the fullest!
Photo credit: Tofobo Family