If you are looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to pasta, this quick and easy gluten-free recipe is totally for you! Red rice noodles with homemade basil pesto and fresh green salad.… Mmmm, so yummy! A light and simple plant-based summer meal, that we absolutely adore at home!
Red Rice Noodles with Homemade Basil Pesto (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
To be honest, out little tribe has always been huge fan of rice noodles. Therefore, we are so happy with the abundance of rice noodles here in Thailand. We found in our favorite grocery stores in Rawai (Phuket) organic noodles from red, brown and black rice, which are such a good base for heavenly delicious gluten-free recipes. And these fantastic Red rice noodles with basil pesto turned out a total hit at home, especially with the kiddos : )
I’ve already shared with you the incredibly easy 5-minute recipe for our beloved homemade vegan basil pesto. This green heaven is so flavorful and nutritious, and it goes just perfectly with all kind of rice noodles. Make a yummy fresh salad and enjoy this light summer meal at lunch or dinner!
Ingredients for Red Rice Noodles With Basil Pesto (Vegan, Gluten-Free):
* For the red rice noodles
1 package red rice noodles
* For the basil pesto
Check out the ingredients here
* For the fresh green salad:
1 large head of lettuce, rinsed, dried and shredded
1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
3-4 spring onions, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
a handful of sunflower sprouts
1-2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
freshly squeezed lime juice from 2 limes
a pinch of Himalayan salt
small red chili peppers (optional)
Instructions for Red Rice Noodles With Basil Pesto (Vegan, Gluten-Free):
1. First, let’s make the yummy homemade basil pesto, following the instructions in this recipe.
2. Cook the red rice noodles according to package directions. Drain well and let cool for a few minutes. Add the basil pesto to the noodles and toss to combine.
3. It’s time to make the salad! In a salad bowl, place all veggies. Add extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice and a pinch of Himalayan salt. Stir well.
4. Serve the red rice noodles along with the delicious fresh green salad. Top with sesame seeds, more basil pesto and a small red chili pepper, if you like it spicy : )
I hope this light and healthy gluten-free summer meal to satisfy your craving for pasta!
Enjoy, loves : )
Gerry & Tofobo Family
Photo credit: Tofobo Family