Happy Sunday, dear friends! How was your weekend so far? I’m so happy that we’ve been blessed with such a lovely sunny weather these days : ) The winter has been sooo long and freezing cold, so we already can’t wait spring and summer to come! The kiddos and I are super excited about the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables we usually enjoy during the warm seasons. However, I have to admit that winter has its lovely treasures as well : ) This beautiful rainbow veggie salad reminds us that every season has its own beauty! Chinese cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds, smashed avocado and my beloved mustard sprouts… A crazy delicious combination with amazing vivid colors that simply make me happy : )
Ingredients for Rainbow salad with smashed avocado and mustard sprouts:
1/3 small Chinese cabbage, shredded
1/2 small red cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
3-4 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado, smashed
1 handful of mustard sprouts
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
freshly squeezed lemon juice form 1 1/2 lemon
2 tsp. sesame seeds
pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Instructions for Rainbow salad with smashed avocado and mustard sprouts:
1. Arrange the shredded Chinese cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots and halved cherry tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
2. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and season with Himalayan pink salt to taste.
3. Top the salad with smashed avocado, mustard sprouts and sesame seeds.
4. Enjoy this beautiful rainbow veggie salad for lunch or dinner!
Photo credit: Tofobo Family ©
[…] is avocado? Yes, I’m serious! You might be used to eat avocados in super yummy avo toasts, salads or dips, but believe me, it’s the perfect base for delicious vegan chocolate desserts & […]